Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 08:30:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: read audio from atapi cd: success!

In list.freebsd-hackers you wrote (3 Jan 1998 15:02:07 +0100):
 > Well, I managed to put together some code to read audio data from
 > ATAPI CDs :)

Ok.  In order to add ATAPI support to tosha, I'll have to buy
an ATAPI CD-ROM drive, I fear...  Which of them do support
reading of digital audio?  I'd preferably like to hear about
modern drives that can actually be bought.  Knowing that some
old doublespeed drive supports it doesn't help, since I won't
be able to buy it anywhere, unfortunately...  ;-)

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  If someone wants to reply by private mail, please use the
address "olli@incogni.to".

PPS:  I wouldn't mind if someone wants to donate a CD-ROM drive
(used or new) for free.  ;-)

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18-61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany