Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:34:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Thomas Veldhouse <veldy@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Current Locks up

I had a problem with Current (cvsup afternoon of 01-16-2000) locking up
solid.  My machine did not respond to a ping from my STABLE box.  I
finally pushed the reset button (ATX case) and it unfreezed the box.  I
had a similar lockup about 1/2 hour later.  Again, pressing the reset
button unfroze the box.  The box continued on normally.  There were no
errors in the logs.  I was running Netscape Communicator 4.7(US) under
XFree86-3.3.6 and Windowmaker.  I have apm turned off.  My hardware is a
compaq MB (essentially the same as the FIC SD11) with an Athlon 600MHz
CPU.  I am using a Linksys 10/100 PCI card (version 2) using the dc0
driver.  ATA seems to work wonderfully (w/o SOFTUPDATES) using async. Is
this an ACPI issue?

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com