Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 09:00:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@sabmail.rresearch.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/21465: nmh-1.0.4: multiple simultaneous "inc"s step on each other

The following reply was made to PR ports/21465; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Scott Blachowicz <scott@sabmail.rresearch.com>
To: marka@drugs.dv.isc.org
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 08:49:53 -0700

 On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 12:29:46PM +1100, marka@nominum.com wrote:

 > 	Mail is lost if two "inc"s are running at the same time.
 > 	This is easy to do in a windowed evirionment specially when you
 > 	have multiple mailboxes.

 As far as I know, this isn't really a port problem, but a problem with
 the base software.  I don't know if MH or nmh has ever done any sort of
 "folder" locking or atomic creation of new message files.  I'm pretty
 sure that it's never done any locking on the .mh_sequences files.

 You might be able to get a response on the nmh-workers@mhost.com
 mailing list...

 --
 Scott Blachowicz