Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 23:50:11 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        Blok_Peter@emc.com
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current shot at AlphaHW.txt

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 05:18:21PM -0500, Blok_Peter@emc.com wrote:
> Wilko,
>
> what i miss in your list is, what PCI and ISA cards are supported per type
> of alpha system. Is it possible to come up with a matrix systems vs pci/isa
> h/w.
>
> For example is the 3com 3C509 ISA supported in AXPPCI33?

I do understand your point, but that would be a heck of a job. What does
exist for the DEC-machines/mainboards is the 'supported hardware list'. But
that one only lists (surprise..) DEC-qualified & supported hardware.
I'm afraid it is impossible to compile such a list, given all the different
hardware out there that can potentially plug into an Alpha.

I have never really tried using ISA cards in my NoName. I think it might
differ from driver to driver whether they compile/work on Alpha.

It won't burn, why not try it?

W/
--
Wilko Bulte 		Arnhem, The Netherlands	  - The FreeBSD Project
    			WWW : http://www.tcja.nl  http://www.freebsd.org