Date:      9 May 2002 13:39:23 -0000
From:      atk2@arctic.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Easiest way to go from Gnome -> Kde

When I installed (a few weeks ago) 4.5-release it queried me if I wanted
Gnome (which I installed). It set up the config files et all so gnome is the
default with startx. What is the easiest way to switch to kde (and feel free
to comment on gnome vs kde -- as I am curious to how they compare).

Likewise shortly after I installed 4.5-release freebsd started officially
support XFree86 4.2. What is the easiest way to upgrade and is it worth
upgrading? (I think XFree86 4.x has some new multi-window or virtual window
support - but I'm not sure if it has anything else... I suppose this means
all new packages will come compiled with 4.x)....

Can the .a files co-exhist between 4.2 and 3.6 (XFree86) ?