Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:51:34 +0700 (NOVST)
From:      "Rashid N. Achilov" <shelton@sentry.granch.ru>
To:        Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Look for cluster and disk mirroring

On 14-Jul-00 Jaime Kikpole wrote:

>       This is completely a guess here, but why not use a network storage
> device with RAID abilities and then have both servers mount the device?

RAID is 100% guaranteed fault-stable device? If no, and it fault, where can I find my data? :-)

> I'm not sure if there are many ways to effectively create mirroring.  You
> might want to research that part of the problem first.  I suspect that the
> clustering and fail-over solutions will solve themselves once you get the
> mirroring solved.

I think not. In my opinion, cluster and disk mirroring are chained problems, but if I solve one, I
can't be sent solving for ther automatically :-) And ideally I need to mirror two servers at each
other ends of building :-)
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Cert. ID: 28514, Granch Ltd. lead engineer