Date:      15 May 2000 22:52:46 +0200
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup on recent -CURRENT

(My original question should have gone out last Thursday but had
been stuck in a mail queue since.)

Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com> wrote:

> > TreeList failed: Network write failure: Connection closed
>
> Which host are you pilling from? I am slurping things out of
> cvsup.uk.freebsd.org and see the same messages.

The problem was most apparent with cvsup.uk.openbsd.org, which is
probably the same machine. It was less severe with cvsup.pasta.cs.uit.no,
and didn't occur at all with cvsup3.de.freebsd.org and for localhost
connections.

Disabling newreno

  sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.newreno=0

immediately fixed the problem, so I guess we have the culprit there.