Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 2004 04:15:13 -0700
From:      Roop Nanuwa <roop@hqst.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Safely jumping off the development tree for Gnome

I, like many others I presume, have been following the Gnome development
and the 2.5 series which has now been released as 2.6. Using the great tools
on Marcus' site and the CVS tree there it's been painless and extremely
easy to do. Now with the release of 2.6 I've decided I don't think I want
to continue running the bleeding edge development version of the (?2.7?)
series and would like to just stick with 2.6.0 and the standard ports
tree updates to it.

Now my question is - is doing so as simple as just CVSuping my ports
tree with the standard FreeBSD tree and not running the marcusmerge
script afterwards anymore? Are there any caveats I should be aware of
before I do that? Do I need to do anything special before hopping off
the development train? Tuck and roll?

Thanks all,
     --roop