Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:07:27 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        normant@dsuper.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: q: concerning o/s incompatibility

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 06:22:58PM -0400, buff wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm a S5V4 Unix user. I would like to know what is the difference
> between the unix version that I am using on my old computer now and
> FreeBSD.

It's free. It's BSD - what that means is that there may be slight
differences in command usage and output. Stuff may also live in different
places.

>I would also like to know if I can use freeBSD under windows95
> as an application instead of a O/S?

No. FreeBSD is an O/S, and as such you can't run it as an application
under Windows.

> If not, please tell me about a unix, such as Reflections X that can be
> used under windows NT... thank you

That's not UNIX. Reflections-X is a X-Server you're running under NT;
and you can use it for any UNIX box that understands X (and that includes
FreeBSD).
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>