Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:29:11 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        keramida@ceid.upatras.gr (Giorgos Keramidas), bostic@sleepycat.com (Keith Bostic), mi@aldan.algebra.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG, wes@softweyr.com
Subject:   Re: picking a DB (Re: nvi maintainer?)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:20:23 +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> At the first glance it is not a big problem - nvi could build its own
> private static DB3 library and link against it, leaving DB 1.x for libc.

This is the approach that Keith's suggesting, and it makes a lot of
sense.  The only reasonable argument against it is the size of the vi
binary in embedded systems, but that one's taken at least one direct hit
on this thread.

So then we're done until there's a new release of nvi.  Great.
:-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.