Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 17:07:29 -0500
From:      "J. Seth Henry" <jshenry@net-noise.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ESS 1969 Audiodrive and FreeBSD 4.0

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01BFC347.0BE032C0

I don't know if this showed up before (I hadn't subscribed to the list =
yet), but here goes (again).

I have a built-in ESS 1969 Solo-1 Audiodrive PCI sound chipset, which I =
am trying to use with FreeBSD 4.0 release version. I have tried every =
incarnation of the pcm/sbc kernel drivers I can think of. Unfortunately, =
being a PCI device, I don't know what its assigned IRQ is (or is there a =
way to find out?).

So far, I have enabled the PNP-BIOS option and added the #device pcm and =
#device sbc lines. I have alternated their order - I'm thinking of =
hiring a witchdoctor!

Is this chipset just not supported, or am I missing something? The OSS =
sound guys don't seem to support FreeBSD 4.0 at the moment, so it looks =
like no audio for a while if I can't get this licked.

Thanks,
Seth Henry
jshenry@net-noise.com

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01BFC347.0BE032C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I don't know if this showed up before =
(I hadn't=20
subscribed to the list yet), but here goes (again).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a built-in ESS 1969 Solo-1 =
Audiodrive PCI=20
sound chipset, which I am trying to use with FreeBSD 4.0 release =
version. I have=20
tried every incarnation of the pcm/sbc kernel drivers I can think of.=20
Unfortunately, being a PCI device, I don't know what its assigned IRQ is =
(or is=20
there a way to find out?).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So far, I have enabled the PNP-BIOS =
option and=20
added the #device pcm and #device sbc lines. I have alternated their =
order - I'm=20
thinking of hiring a witchdoctor!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is this chipset just not supported, or =
am I missing=20
something? The OSS sound guys don't seem to support FreeBSD 4.0 at the =
moment,=20
so it looks like no audio for a while if I can't get this =
licked.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Seth Henry</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:jshenry@net-noise.com">jshenry@net-noise.com</A></FONT></D=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01BFC347.0BE032C0--