Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 10:33:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reprise::

This mail may have missed most people so I am reposting it today,
Monday, 24feb97.

Subject: SCSI configuration for the kernel?
Sender: owner-questions@freebsd.org

  I found that the ``invalid primary partition table: no magic''
  warning is coming from the isa driver code...  it is looking
  for a magic number at some offset addr.

  Two questions here:: one, why isn't disklabel writing this
  magic number?  And two, might it be the case that I am missing
  some configuration line in my sys/i386/config/KERNEL file?

  I already have

  device        sd0

  in my configuration file.  Do I need a

  device        sd1

  line there also?  The docs in /usr/share/docs say that the
  `devive	sd0' line should take care of drives 0 - 3.
  If true, why am I getting the `invalid' warning and how do
  I resolve this?

  Thanks.

  gary kline