Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 19:23:53 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & X

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 01:43:08PM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 02-Jun-99 Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > Yes, its pretty crashy :(
> >  Even on Linux, I hear. The 1.0 release apparently was only meant to signify
> >  the API freeze, not code stabilization. I gather there was quite a bit of
> >  release pressure coming from folks like RedHat..
>
> Ugh.. damn stupid linux development model at work :(

That would be the same sort of development model that led us to release
3.2 in time for Usenix, right, and why our release schedules tend (or are
intended to) fit in quite nicely with WCs CD-ROM release requirements?

Yeah, thought so.  We shouldn't be bitching about the 'competition' when
we do the same things ourselves.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>