Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:42:03 +0000
From:      Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
To:        Anonymous <swell.k@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with mouse during high CPU load

On Fri Mar 18 11, Anonymous wrote:
> Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org> writes:
>
> > i've reported this issue quite a while ago [1], but back then nobody was able
> > to help me. i have an issue with my usb mouse. when there's a high CPU load it
> > produces random mouse clicks. this doesn't happen on other OSes. i've attached
> > a different usb mouse to my freebsd box and i could't observe the same
> > behavior. so it seems this problem is only related to specific mice.
>
> I'm curious, can you reproduce it without moused(8), i.e. specifying
> /dev/umsN in xorg.conf rather than /dev/sysmouse.

wow that worked. :)

i've set my mouse to /dev/ums0 and set Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off", because
without that line i couldn't use the mouse.

even with very fast movements i don't get any random clicks anymore. although
this a solution works for X, for the console the only way to use a mouse is
moused(8).

cheers.
alex

--