Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 03:47:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: (fwd) Re: F00F bug *fixed* in 2.0.x kernels

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Greg Lehey wrote:
> It's a pity that Linus seems to be becoming less professional in his
> approach.  In that message, he reminded me more of a football hero
> hurling invective after a match.  Is this the price of fame?

I recently read an entire newsgroup thread on the debate over Minix vs.
Linux, posted circa 1992 (there's a link off of some KDE page).  I was
shocked to find an overall level of diplomacy and civility that I've never
seen in any newsgroup (I started reading newsgroups in about 1994).  Linus
apologizing for "flaming" another poster, when I considered it a very
prudent post.  Times change...

Jason

Jason Evans
Email: [jasone@canonware.com]
Home phone: [(650) 856-8204]
Quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration" - Thomas Edison]