Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:45:20 -0400
From:      Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
To:        Ryan Masse <rmasse@mastery.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: nfs

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 03:31:16PM -0400, Ryan Masse wrote:
If you must run NFS over the internet you should consider setting up an IPSEC tunnel
between the nfs client and server. On the other hand if you are trying to update a
remote machine when the IP address of your home LAN has changed you should consider
using ssh and some scripting like:

     #! /bin/sh

     my_address=$(/sbin/ifconfig le0 | awk '/inet / { print $2; }')

     echo "My IP Address is: ${my_address}"

Combine this with ssh and you could update a remote DNS server or do whatever you
need.

Chris