Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:58:47 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Harald Schmalzbauer" <Harald.Schmalzbauer@wearix.com>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Example please

From: "Harald Schmalzbauer" <Harald.Schmalzbauer@wearix.com>
> I made a new port and was told to use send-pr to report it for
> commitment.
>
> Since I'm not familiar with send-pr and I'm too busy at the moment to
> read the chapter in the handbook give me a hint how to post it.
>
> I guess it should be something like "shar `find
> /usr/ports/sysutils/3dm-bsd/` | send-pr ???????????????

You'll first want to create the shar file, then use send-pr to submit the
report:

    send-pr -s non-critical -a new-port

Fill out all of the information and make sure to set  the Category to ports.

Send-pr uses the default editor (in my case it is vi), so when I quit vi,
send-pr will ask you if you wish to send, save or abort the report.

Scot