Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:05:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        David Scheidt <rufus@brain.mics.net>, j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: code density vs readability

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

:David Scheidt said on Oct  2, 2001 at 16:13:46:
:> > That apart, I found vim's "multiple undo" scheme much more sensible
:> > than nvi's.  (u for undo, repeatedly if desired, ^R for redo.  Also
:> > more compatible with "traditional vi" where u is always undo, but once
:>
:> Bull feathers!  That's entirely unlike real vi.  That's u undoes, and u
:> again redoes the changes.
:
:Sorry, you're right.  I somehow had the other impression, with my
:earlier use of ibm and irix machines; but I checked on hp-ux and dec
:unix just now and it matches with what you say.

Irix vi doesn't do recursed undo.  It behaves as David describes above.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"