Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:48:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        bright@mu.org, sam@errno.com, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alfre's malloc changes: the next step

    Would making the malloc flags an enum and the mbuf flags another enum
    be sufficient to catch API crossover problems at compile time?

    For the record, I like the idea of a mandatory M_WAIT or M_NOWAIT, not
    because it's good design theory, but because this particular interface
    has been misused so often that we really have to make it explicit.  But
    we shouldn't panic in this case, instead we should printf() (else third
    party modules may create unecessary crashes for the next couple of years).

						-Matt