Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:18:29 -0800
From:      Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.ports@mailing.thruhere.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>, glewis@freebsd.org, "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
Subject:   Re: diablo-jdk with FreeBSD-8.0

On Friday 31 July 2009 13:57:34 b. f. wrote:
> "Stephen Montgomery-Smith" <stephen at missouri.edu> wrote:
> >I am running a very recent amd64 version of FreeBSD-8.0.  diablo-jdk is
> >no longer working.  I am guessing it is the bumped shared library
> >versions (because I did do "make delete-old-libs" as part of my
> >installation).
>
> Yes, this came up earlier.  libmap.conf(5) is your friend here, until
> an update.  Or you can try building java/openjdk6, but that takes some
> time and resources.

Have you tried it? openjdk requires a native jdk to build, doesn't accept the
linux ones, so chicken and egg.
Trying to build java/jdk16 with a linux one also does not work, because of
unsafe functions in the make program that it builds as one of the first
things. Also, the linux jdk6 requires one to dig into archives as the port is
at update 10 while Sun is at update 14.
So for the time being, libmap.conf is the only working solution and to make it
more specific, it needs libz.so.4. The error message java generates points no
where near libz, so kudos to whoever found out it's that library.
--
Mel