Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2007 00:35:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb/umass, devfs: this sucks

In message: <200712260038.11546@aldan>
            Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com> writes:
: If we want people to give FreeBSD a try in good faith, it is both profoundly
: stupid and dishonest on our part to claim, we have a working USB-system... It
: does not matter, how great our buffer-sharing VM is, if a home user can't
: process their photos with a FreeBSD-powered computer.

In an ideal world, it would be perfect.

However, all the USB hardware I've recently purchased actually does
work without a hitch on my FreeBSD system.  Older card readers are
more problematic.

Rather than complain about the system, how about merging RELENG_7's
usb stack to RELENG_6?  Or fixing a few bugs from the PRs that are
filed?  I did my time in a big push for 7.0, maybe some other people
can help out a little too?

Warner