Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:16:12 -0400
From:      epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>
To:        Fbayonnj@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: toshiba tecra 8000 and lucent modem

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:03:30 EDT
Fbayonnj@aol.com wrote:

> I am having  a problem with a tecra 8000 and I read the message that  you
> have posted. I tried connecting the laptop to the internet.  But is
> telling me that my modem is not installed.  The problem is that this lap
> top is pretty old and it has no warranty.  It was given to me but I want
> to  use it for work.  Is there anything that I could be able to do to get
> the  modem working properly.

hello fernando,

it would be really helpful if you stated what kind of modem
(make/model/chipset) you have on your laptop.

also, is it a real modem or a dreaded winmodem?  if the former, you almost
certainly will be able to get it to work.  if the latter, it may be
possible, but the chances are slim.

finally, 'what' is telling you that your modem is not installed?  how do
you see this?

thanks,
epi