Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 15:21:56 -0400
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        Mike Kercher <mike@synwork.com>
Cc:        "Sean C. Engel" <sean@infobahn.icubed.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony CDU-33 & Reveal sound card

I have the CDU-31A connect to my SoundBlaster AWE32... It works great.

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Mike Kercher wrote:

> I think I read somewhere that cd-roms connected to audio cards were not
> supported currently.  Do not quote me as I am new to FreeBSD (a Linux
> convert).  I have a CDU33A connected to a proprietary interface and it
> works fine.  I also have an SC400 card, but it takes a DOS executable to
> initialize the card's IRQ and Base Address.

> |Syn-Work Media, Inc.   | WWW Development & Hosting | Life Safety    |
> |http://www.synwork.com | Systems Integration       | CCTV           |
> |mike@synwork.com       | Voice/Data/Fiber          | Access Control |
> |Flaq on IRC            | Dukane Distributor        | BICSI/RCDD     |
> |_______________________|___________________________|________________|
>
> On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Sean C. Engel wrote:
>
> > Will a Sony CDU-33A attached to a Reveal SC-400 sound card work with
> > FreeBSD 2.1?  The documentation states that FreeBSD 2.1 will work with
> > the CDU-33 and a proprietary IDE interface.  However, I don't know that
> > the CD-ROM circuitry built into the Reveal SC-400 sound card will work.
> > (I know it doesn't work with FreeBSD 2.0.5).
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Sean

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178