Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:43:15 -0600
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
Subject:   Re: TX underrun

At 11:22 PM 1.16.2003 +0100, Marco Beishuizen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Recently, I noticed a kernel message on one of my machines:
>
>dc0: TX underrun -- increasing TX threshold
>
>It doesn't seem to be very important. I'm just curious what it means. Does
>anyone know what it means?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Marco

This is no problem by itself at the moment, BUT may cause a "crash"
eventually. What you see here is the driver adjusting some buffers to the
network load you have. I have seen this before and it may be okay for now,
but you would be advised to replace with a better NIC. Linksys cards are
commonly known for this issue and apparently is just not able to "shift
gears" well enough. It may be having problems shifting to full duplex.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net