Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 95 01:16:46 CST
From:      GR8868@SIUCVMB.SIU.EDU
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD installation questions

I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.11 on my home Pentium. I install it from
the DOS partition. I first spare out 1.0 GB from my 1.6GB Western Digital
hard drive to the FreeBSD while keeping the 0.6 GB running the DOS. I down-
loaded your bin directory files to my c:\freebsd\bin directory and your
floppies directory file to my c:\freebsd\floppies, as suggested in the
handbook. But when I proceed to install, it gives me the error message:
"Failed to image ROOT distribution, go back to fix it and try again".
The only place that I suspect not right is in the "FreeBSD Partition Label
Editor" screen. Part of it reads like:
Name         Mount         ???
wds0s1(??)   <none>        DOS
wds????      /             UFS
wds????      <none>        SWAP
wds????      /usr          ????

The Mount of DOS part is <none>. Should I mount it? At what point?
I don't know where the problem is. Please help!!!

Jianjun Zhang