Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:51:44 -0500
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BWN Driver

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:37:39 -0500
Chris Brennan articulated:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Ramiro Caso <ramirocaso08@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi, I have the same card, so maybe I can help. Some Broadcom chipsets
> > are LP (low power) PHY, so you have to load bwn_v4_lp_ucode instead
> > of bwn_v4_ucode. That worked for me. You may want to check the man
> > page for bwn, just to be sure.
>
> I tried this as well, still no blue light.

You stated that it works under Windows, no surprise there. Could you go
into the properties tab for that device in Windows and post what info
you find here. Seeing exactly how Windows sees the device might help
debug this problem.

There is a Linux driver
<http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php>; supplied by
Broadcom. Perhaps you could modify it to work on your system.

--
Jerry ♔

Have you ever considered the irony in the fact that we celebrate
Christ's birthday every year by ignoring the fact that he would have
celebrated Hanukkah?