Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 15:29:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Sletten <bsletten@nova.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   xmms 1.2.3

I don't know when I'll learn to leave well enough alone. I just tried
upgrading to xmms 1.2.3 and MP3 playback stopped working. I've had
problems just about every time I upgrade this piece of software, but it
usually has to do with the choice of Output plug-in. I upgraded esd to
0.2.19 and that seemed to work. I saw no issues when building. I can still
play CDs using xmms, but when I try to play an MP3 there is a clicking
sound and then nothing happens.

Has anyone else had a problem w/ this version?

I'm running 4.1-STABLE from about a month ago w/ OSS 393o for FreeBSD 4.x.

Thanks,

Brian