Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 08:31:43 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
To:        "Ross M. Gile" <ross@intelliware.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & Microsoft Frontpage

At 05:02 PM 3/29/97 -0800, Ross M. Gile wrote:
>You probably have been asked this serveral times, but how can I get the
>the Frontpage server extensions working on my web server running
>FreeBSD?  I would really like the ability to run FP server extensions on
>my server.  I see that Frontpage is compatible with BSD Unix but not
>FreeBSD.  Are they compatible?

</screaming_willys>

For each site that want to run the FP, you will need to run another httpd
and run it under a different username.  This must be done for security
reasons.

Frankly I've not done and don't plan to.

The though of a M$ program taking control of *nix server...

<screaming_willys>

Unless someone else answers I suppose I can dig around for what you
*should* do if you *really* want to.

<shudder>

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990