Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:08:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        alberto@ipmcomms.co.uk (Alberto Pandolfo)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help!

> I'm novice about UNIX and freebsd.
> How can I know the name of my floppy device in my machine and how can I
> read the contents of a disk?
> I've heard about mounting the device; what is the command? How does it
> work?
> Is this the right place for these questions?  where can I get some good
> references? Can you help me?
> Thanks in advance
> Alberto

Mounting your floppy:

# mkdir /floppy
# mount /dev/fd0 /floppy
# cp /usr/file  /floppy
# umount /floppy

Above moounts the floppy in /floppy, copies a file to it, then unmounts
it.  To mount a DOS floppy replace the mount commands with

# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy

Hope this helps :)

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)
AlternativeNet Server Administrator: inferno.alternativenet.org

Microsoft: How long do you want to wait today?
FreeBSD Rules!  Micro$oft Sucks!  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/