Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:29:47 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advantages of trimmed kernel?

Eric Schuele writes:

>  FWIW... Its my understanding that
>    - the memory saved would be negligible.

	How are we defining "negligible"?  I know I've seen a pruned
kernel 25% smaller than GENERIC for the same release; I /think/ I've
seen one 33% smaller.  Is that difference important?  DammifIkno.
	IF you're feeling paranoid, compile and install both.
(Assuming I'm correct in believing they install clean to separate
directories.)

				Robert Huff
				(running a custom kernel since 2.mumble)