Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 96 18:03:14 MET
From:      Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Frustrated....doc@freebsd.org

> On Wed, 17 Jan 1996 sf@taz.edmonds.ctc.edu wrote:
>
>> I'm attempting to figure a
>> out how to add a new hard drive to my system...
>
> This is a *big* black hole in our documentation.  Compared other popular
> operating systems, it is an extremely non-obvious proceedure too.  I would
> argue that the procedure is broken, but in the meantime it should at least
> be documented.

Unfortunately, it's not just in the documentation, it's in the
procedure as well.

> Any takers?

I've been meaning to add this stuff to the book, which still hasn't
gone to the publishers, and maybe I will.  If I do, I'll send you the
stuff for inclusion in the handbook, as long as somebody else converts
it to SGML.

> I formatted a new hard drive once, but I don't think I would be able to
> duplicate, much less describe, the experience.

Of course not.  It's indescribable :-)

Greg