Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:15:36 -0400
From:      NetAdmin <daemon@foxchat.net>
To:        Bikrant Neupane <bikrant_ml@wlink.com.np>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ipfw accept rule

--=-Ds3IyowJG+KMm9rlHelP

Here are my dummy net rules.  Not sure if they are exactly work or not
but they keep my kids from using all the upstream bandwidth.
If anyone has a better way, please by all means let me know.  The only
thing I'm not sure of, is where it goes in the rule set.  Here is where
I have mine and how it is set up.  Hope this helps.

	case ${natd_enable} in
	[Yy][Ee][Ss])
		if [ -n "${natd_interface}" ]; then
			${fwcmd} add divert natd all from any to any via ${natd_interface}
		fi
		;;
	esac

	${fwcmd} add skipto 20000 ip from any to any bridged

#---------------------- DUMMYNET Config --------------------------
#
	${fwcmd} add pipe 1 { tcp or udp } from ${iip1} to any 80-65000
	${fwcmd} pipe 1 config mask src-ip 0xffffff00 bw 384Kbit/s queue
20Kbytes
#
	${fwcmd} add pipe 2 ip from ${iip1} to any out
	${fwcmd} pipe 2 config mask src-ip 0xffffff00 bw 1024Kbit/s queue
20Kbytes
#
	${fwcmd} add pipe 3 ip from any to ${iip1} in
	${fwcmd} pipe 3 config mask dst-ip 0xffffff00 bw 1024Kbit/s queue
20Kbytes

${iip1} =3D 192.168.1.0/24

I used "whatmask" in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/whatmask to help figure out
what the netmask was for my subnet in case you use a different subnet
than I.