Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:24:16 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Robert_Blacqui=E8re?= <freebsd@guldan.demon.nl>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, FreeBSD Laptoppers <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: wi0 timeouts

* Robert Blacquière <freebsd@guldan.demon.nl> [010426 14:14] wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 12:13:28AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> > In message <E14sCPL-0000Kp-00@roam.psg.com> Randy Bush writes:
> >
> > device timeout is interesting.  Usually you see a can't allocate TX/RX
> > buffer when the interrupt is wrong.
> >
> > irq 7 might be the problem.  If you have a parallel port, it might be
> > driving it such that your pccard bridge can't drive it (but that would
> > be a can't allocate TX/RX thing).
>
> device timeouts, yep i have it also after cvsupping from 4.3-RC2 to 4.3-stable
> My wi0 is on irq 5 and my soundcard is on 11 so i thing it is no irq problem.
>
> dmesg output parts:
>
> wi0: wi_cmd: device timeout (cmd=11, val=f100)
> wi0: wi_cmd: device timeout (cmd=11, val=f100)
>
> so maybe its no irq problem afterall??

CVsup again, I've silenced the harmless warning.

Revision 1.18.2.8, Thu Apr 26 17:59:25 2001 UTC (3 hours, 24 minutes ago) by alfred
 Branch: RELENG_4
 Changes since 1.18.2.7: +1 -3 lines

 Don't spam the console about device timeouts.

 Bill Paul (wpaul) helped me diagnose this, for some reason the HEAD
 version doesn't have this output so we might as well ditch it in
 RELENG_4.

 Requested by: jim

--
-Alfred Perlstein - [alfred@freebsd.org]
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"