Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:12:57 -0700
From:      "Broderick Wood" <bwood@KingsU.ab.ca>
To:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbies vanishing?

  There may be less NEWBIES, but I am sensing a stronger core of
FAITHFUL users who are finding more and more applications for
FreeBSD.

> Surely, freebsd-questions probably isn't the correct list where to
> mail this question to. I feel a little bit worried since - to my
> opinion - the number of newbie questions in this list decreases. Might
> be FreeBSD installation and operation has become more easy or the FAQ
> database has been improved very much, but might also be - and I fear
> that - the number of newbie installations doesn't grow anymore. Will
> Linux really kill us in the end?
>
> Has anyone some idea whether the number of FreeBSD installations and
> the number of FreeBSD users still grows?
>
> I'm worried but I'll try to hope the best!
>
> Regards
>
> //
> // Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___
> _______ // Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche           / __/______
> ___ / _ )/ __/ _ \ //    Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen          /
> _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/ // / // Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen      =

>      /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/___/____/ // Deutschland (Germany)
>             ----- The Power to Serve ----- //
>          http://www.freebsd.org // kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de //

---------------------------
-BMW-

To soar like an eagle,
fly like a dove.

(bwood@kingsu.ab.ca)
Broderick Wood,
Director of Information Technology Services
The King's University College
9125 - 50 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T6B 2H3