Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:37:16 -0500
From:      "Dr. István S. N. Berkeley" <istvan@USL.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FTP problems

Hi there,
I am trying to install freeBSD via FTP. Unfortunately, I have run into a
problem which I cannot figure out, despite having read all the relevant
docs. I really hope I am not being an utter idiot and wasting your time,
but I would really appreciate some help.

I have created a boot disk and it seems to work fine. The problem arises
when I try to install via FTP. The Help menu recommends installation by
ethernet, a type of connection the machine has. Unfortunately, when I
get to the menu specificying how the connection is to be made, the only
options which come up are direct parallel link or two pairs of SLIP and
PPP opetion -- there doesn't seem to be an Ethernet option.

I have tried using both the PPP options, but to no avail -- even though
I have the name server info correct, I end up with the messahe that
'ftp.freebsd.org' is not recognised. I am at a loss as to what to try
nest. Can you guys give me any clues?

Many thanks in adavance and all the best,

Istvan
--
Istvan S. N. Berkeley Ph.D,     E-mail: istvan@USL.edu,
Philosophy, The University of Southwestern Louisiana,