Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 23:42:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bradley Dunn <bradley@dunn.org>
To:        Bo Fussing <bmf@homegate.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: in search of the ideal IMAP server

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Bo Fussing wrote:

> Have a look at http://www.imap.org/ where there is a review of all the
> IMAP server implementations.
>
> We use the University of Washington IMAP server which seems reliable with
> pine, Netscape Communicator and MS Outlook Express.

Yes I have looked at imap.org. AFAIK, UW-IMAP does not store messages in
native MIME format, does it? The lack of documentation for it was enough
to make me want to look elsewhere, anyway. I want something that will
scale to tens of thousands of mail folders, with an arbitrary number of
messages in each folder. I have heard that native MIME message stores
really help in accomplishing this.

Bradley