Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 21:04:47 +0800
From:      "Love Bug" <Love@fil.net>
To:        Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Push??? Re: mirror web server?

> >You can also use wget.
> >

> >rsync, mirror, cvs, ftp, etc.
> >
> >I'd recommend using rsync.

Can rsync (or any of these) push the data?  Here is what I need...

I have a local apache server and a "remote" site (apache server) I rent
from a hosting company (pair.com).  What I want to do is upload changes
to my local server and have it upload the changes to the "remote"
server.  The local server feeds my local network on a "split DNS" and
each 2AM I want to have this server upload the "remote" which is at the
hosting company in the USA.

I have complete control of the local server, I have limited control
(FTP, Telnet, ssh) of the pair.com remote.  I don't know yet if pair.com
will allow a cron entry for

This is a low volume site, and it is important that the re-sync takes
place early in the morning as the local server is one a poor island in
the Philippines and bandwidth is very expensive and totally used during
local daylight hours.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Love