Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 10:30:28 -0700
From:      "freebsd" <george@vagner.com>
To:        "Bob Giesen" <BobGiesen@earthlink.net>, "Scott" <scottro@nyc.rr.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FBSD 4.4 UDMA ICRC error

my maxtor 5 gig wont even boot up if it dont have a udma cable,
i found this out by accident before they even had the cables available
when i moved the drive from a desktop box with a 6 inch regular (old)
cable to a tower with 18 inch cable. funny though my seagate drive
does work in udma33 with the old cable (40 wire) its just the
maxtor that dont work unless the cable is 6 inches or shorter.

its a maxtor 85250D6