Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 02:39:54 +0200
From:      Martin Welk <mw@theatre.sax.de>
To:        Kent Berggren <kenta@sr.se>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600x and com-ports

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 11:53:56AM +0000, Kent Berggren wrote:

> I have a Thinkpad 600x.

I have a TP600E, but this should be the same on the 600X from what I have
seen so far.

> When I boot (FreeBSD) the pc it turns off the power for the rs232 port.
>
> I have run all things from dos. ps2 ..and so on. It do not help me.
>
> Is there a way of geting whe power on from FreeBSD.
>
> There are a linux program called tpctl but it can not turn the power on.
> :-(

Unfortunately, there's no FreeBSD port of the ThinkPad Configuration
Utility, which is available for Windoze and for Linux. With this software,
you can configure your peripheral settings and activate & deactivate
components.

First of all, you cannot use IrDA and the serial port at the same time. If
you have IrDA turned on and want to use serial, it's a workaround to turn
off the infrared port first, than reboot, than turn on the serial port.

I switched from IrDA to serial some days ago and it was a pain as I had to
try it several times until it was working, and nobody knows why... :-(

Regards,
	Martin
--
      ,,Oh, there's a lot of opportunities, if you're knowing to take them,
                  you know, there's a lot of opportunities, if there aren't