Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 22:57:44 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heri <steuer@virtualaudio.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   imake probelm on 4.1-release with xfree 4.0.1

Hello there,

im using 4.1-release and compiled XFree 4.0.1 from the ports tree.
i didnt installed the 3.3.6 release of Xfree that comes with the 4.1-release.
i cannot compile anything that uses imake, even the ports dont compile.
i found out that imake doesnt find Imake.tmpl. I checked the mail archives and
found lots of posts, but near every port is quite old. I installed imake-4 from
the ports tree that installs Imake.tmpl and the other files needed by imake in
their place (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config).  But the problem on not compiling with
the "Imake.tmpl not found" message was still there. So i set the environment
variable for imake so it searches in the correct path for the Imake.tmpl. It
was found and imake created a Makefile.
But the programs still dont compile. I think its a imake problem that make
corrupted makefiles.

Its all about XXXXX.man, where XXXXX is the program name.
Tried to make /usr/ports/audio/wmmixer i get :

cc -o wmmixer       -L/usr/X11R6/lib wmmixer.o -lXpm -lXext -lX11
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/X11R6/lib
make: don't know how to make wmmixer.man. Stop
*** Error code 2

Another example is Ghostview :

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw3d.so: warning: tmpnam() possibly used unsafely; consider
using mkstemp()
make: don't know how to make gv.man. Stop
*** Error code 2

I tried a view other ports that use imake.  Non of them compiles

A asked on IRC and a few people had the same problem.  Maybe it is a bug or
something that needs to be fixed quickly ;)

Best regards,

Heri

E-Mail: Heribert Steuer <steuer@virtualaudio.de>