Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 20:10:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ed Alley <alley1@llnl.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I can no longer update with CVS

I can no longer update with CVS.

I'm running the Bash shell under FreeBSD-4.4, so what's wrong?
When prompted for the password I entered: anoncvs

A record of my terminal interaction follows dashed line:

# CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs
# export CVSROOT

# echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs

# cvs login
(Logging in to anoncvs@anoncvs.freebsd.org)
CVS password:                    <---  I entered anoncvs here.
cvs [login aborted]: connect to anoncvs.freebsd.org:2401 failed: Operation timed out