Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:44:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jambi <jambi@nlanr.net>
To:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ccd questions.

Hey all,
  I have been trying to run a few test with ccd and squid cache.
Squid requires a great deal of random access and seek operations as the
data is spread all over the squid cache partitions.  I was planning on
using 3  IBM DDRS-39130W S92A connected in a chain to a 2940UW.
I decided to use ccd and see how it compares to just having 3 disks
mounted seperatly.
Here are the questions:
a) ccdconfig -v ccd0 65536 0x02 /dev/sd0c /dev/sd1c /dev/sd2c is the
command I use to make the device.  I can mount it then at an place on the
file system (say mount /dev/ccd0c /mnt) but I can't write, ls, cd or do
anything to that partition.  Am I missing something here?

b) when trying to look at the size of the ccd (with df -k) I see that the
system shows the size on one disk, not all three of them (every disk is
9.1GB).  From the man page I understood that the 0x02 flag will add the
disks together so I was expecting to find a 27GB disk not one 9GB disk.

advise, explanation? add to FAQ?
10x
Jambi