Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:37:00 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Mike Heffner <mheffner@vt.edu>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Importing lukemftpd

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 12:30:16PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > Are you now holding all daemon hostage?  I think you're being too strong
> > on this statement.  If this is going to be the case, please document that
> > from now on daemon changes (or new ones) must be pre-approved by the S.O.
>
> You're being facetious.

A little.  But I do find that your power play seems to be arbitrarily
applied to LukeM ftpd.

> I can't give you a commitment, but this is going to be my top priority
> to request once we figure out this funding thing.  It will get done.

What does funding have to do with anything?  All the auditing done so far
wasn't funded.  If you asked your auditing contacts to spend time on
this, I think they most likely would.  I fail to see why you will not
make a commitment.  I have committed to GCC 3.0 in 5.0.  I know the work
that will take, but I have done it anyway.  JHB has committed to proc
locking for 5.0.  There are numerous people that have committed to
getting X done for 5.0.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)