Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:02:56 -0700
From:      Hal Lynch <hal@cc.usu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Boot CD of running system

On Wednesday, December 13, 2000, at 06:08 PM, Otter wrote:

> just a thought... shouldn't /tmp be in the "volatile files" section?
> -Otter

Of course, I made /tmp a link to /var/tmp.

In the same vein there are many other things that need to be done,
most of which I don't know about yet. :^}  One of the things I
did think about is having /etc/rc mount the / file system RO instead
of RW.  And of course fstab will have to be 'fixed'.

Otter brought up a good point, there is much more to an 'able to run
off CD system' than just making the CD bootable.  Hints welcome here
also.

BTW I am receiving the freeebsd-questions mail now so feel free
to send hints my way.  :^)

hal -trying everything I can think of- Lynch