Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:18:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Greg Gregson <gregs_place@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question

>    I'm completly new to freeBDS (I've a small Linux backgroud though), this
> week, I've install FreeBSD 4 but I'm a bit confused on how to make it
> recognize and install my 2 NE2000 compatible ISA network adapters, I' didn't
> find any clear documentation on configuring network adapters on FreeBSD.
> (when I "ifconfig -a", I don't see any ed0 or ed1). Whould you be kind
> enough to point me some documentation or tutorial about doing this task?

	Don't know about documentations, but the default ed0 driver is set
for address 280, BUT most NE2000 cards are defaulted to 300. If you reboot
the machine, and do boot -c when it says to hi enter to boot kernal you'll
go into configuration mode. Just change the default address at that point,
quit and it'll boot up. If you then do dmesg |more at the prompt you can
find out if the card was initilized or not.

							Rick