Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 14:25:21 +0100
From:      Tim TimeWaster <tim@cuba.calyx.nl>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnomevfs2 conflict with cdparanoia

Hello gnome port maintainer(s),

I was trying to upgrade my gnome2, but the compilation process broke in
devel/gnomevfs2.

cdda-method.c: In function `do_get_file_info':
cdda-method.c:626: structure has no member named `cdda_device_name'
cdda-method.c:626: structure has no member named `cdda_device_name'
cdda-method.c: In function `do_open_directory':
cdda-method.c:712: structure has no member named `cdda_device_name'
cdda-method.c:712: structure has no member named `cdda_device_name'
gmake[3]: *** [cdda-method.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/gnomevfs2/work/gnome-vfs-2.2.0/mod
ules'

It turns out that it wants to use cdparanoia's CDDA libraries, but the Linux
version of them, not the version ported to FreeBSD. There is no flag in the
configure script for gnomevfs to disable this AFAIK, so perhaps you could have
a look at this and patch the Makefile with a USE_CDPARANOIA flag or something.

I solved my problem in the meantime by deinstalling cdparanoia and upgrading
my gnome2. When that is done I put cdparanoia back in. But conflicts like this
are not supposed to happen of course.

Thanks,

Tim

--
Zen Microsystems: we're the om in .commmmmmmmm...