Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2010 19:06:01 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: vdr ports (watch/record/stream tv, works with xbmc too :)

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 04:03:55PM +0100, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Ok,
> The port (vdr-devel and vdr-plugins) installed nicely, oncve I followed the steps in your posting. :-)
> Starting vdr manually in the foreground works, once I figured out that I neede to specify the video dir:
> -v /storage/vdr

Btw you can also symlink /video there. (as I also mentioned under 1.
in the original message, maybe not prominently enough...)

> vdr-sxfe didn't give me anything (obvious, I haven't configured a tuner card yet)

 Even if you only see `No signal' you should still be able to do
stuff in the on-screen display (osd), try hitting the tab or
insert key for the menu, see the XKeySym.* entries in
/usr/local/etc/vdr/remote.conf for the rest of the keybindings.
(see also under 4.)

> http://localhost:8008/ gives me a live interface, but I can't configure tuner cards there.

 I think all you need to do is make sure the tuner(s) are working
and accessible to the vdr user (starting with /dev/dvb/adapter0/*)
and that vdr has an initial /usr/local/etc/vdr/channels.conf for
whatever sat position/networks/etc the tuner(s) can receive.
(see my notes about w_scan -o7 under 5.)

 Oh and if you absolutely can't get your tuner to work yet for
whatever reason you can also try adding the example web stream iptv
entries in /usr/local/share/examples/vdr_plugin_iptv/channels.conf.iptv
to your channels.conf and test using the iptv plugin.  (as also
mentioned under 5.)

> http://localhost:3000/ also give me an interface.
>
> I need to figure out how to set up the tuner card, the channels and so on.
> Later.

 I'm sorry my notes are so long that its so easy to miss stuff, I
just don't know what to omit... :)

 Good luck!
	Juergen