Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 2009 17:22:42 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Leonardo_M=2E_Ram=E9=22?= <martinrame@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 Audio

Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to setup the audio card in my Dell Inspiron 1525, but it seems to be an imposible task.

I had a lot of problems with this.  Eventually it got solved.  I am
using FreeBSD-CURRENT, so YMMV.

In my /boot/loader.conf file I currently have this:

snd_hda_load="YES"
hw.snd.default_unit=1
hint.hdac.0.config="gpio2"
hint.hdac.0.cad2.nid13.config="device=Speaker conn=Fixed"

I suspect the third and fourth lines are unnecessary, and that it is the
second line that truly makes it work.  Anyway, try it and see.