Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:50:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netscape-4.61 package

Hi,
	I'm using netscape communicator 4.61 package on FreeBSD-3.2. It seems
that the package is compiled for the old a.out format and not in the new
ELF format. For this reason, I'm unable to use any linux plugins with
netscape. For example, the RealAudio folks only have a plugin for Linux and
not for FreeBSD - perhaps if netscape was using the ELF format, I could use
that plugin. But right now, I get the following error message from netscape
when I try to get information about plugins:

 ERROR: bad maginhc number in "/usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/librvplayer.so"

Can a package be made available for netscape that has its binaries in the ELF
format.

- Mohit