Date:      Tue, 8 May 2012 18:41:38 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Controlling queue delays

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it> wrote:
> Here is a recent paper that revisits active queue management.
>
> http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2209336
>
> might be interesting for those involved in TCP cong.control,
> traffic schedulers (ok, that includes me!) and the network
> stack in general

I started looking at this yesterday and it looks like something that
should be a requirement for any system as it should fix, not
work-around, the issues of buffer-bloat that is becoming a major issue
on more an more networks, both for business, but especially homes.

This assumes that it actually works as advertized, but the authors are
unlikely to have published this without thorough analysis and testing.
They are, after all, among the leading TCP experts in the world.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com